17.7 C
Harare
Saturday, February 21, 2026
HomeSportsThings Fall Apart In the Warriors Camp As Players Revolt Against New...

Things Fall Apart In the Warriors Camp As Players Revolt Against New Coach

Date:

Related stories

Zimbabwean man issued with Criminal Behaviour Order for persistent begging in UK

LONDON – A Zimbabwean-born resident of Amesbury has been...

Trumps says is considering limited military strike on Iran

WASHINGTON,-The United States is considering a potential limited strike...

Zimbabwe’s Constitutional Debate Reflects Global Reassessment of Executive Tenure

HARARE – Zimbabwe’s move to amend sections of its Constitution...

World shares, US futures advance after AI fears drag Wall Street lower

BANGKOK — European shares were higher Friday after a...

Govt says Constitution Amendment targets governance bottlenecks

HARARE – The Government has gazetted the Constitution of Zimbabwe...

Between Principle and Pragmatism: The Moral Fault Lines in Zimbabwe’s Constitutional Debate

Strip away the procedural arguments, the partisan loyalties, and...

UK blocking U.S. from using RAF bases for strikes on Iran

The United Kingdom is unlikely to grant permission for...

WARRIORS players in Saudi Arabia have told ZIFA and new coach Marian “Mario” Marinica to call up new players for the AFCON finals as they will not be comfortable playing for him at the continental showpiece.

Sources within the Warriors camp revealed earlier today that Mario had been very abusive after their 3-1 loss to Algeria on Thursday.

Goalkeeper Washington Arubi, Wolverhampton Wanderers midfielder Tawanda Chirewa, Tawanda Maswanhise and Dynamos captain Emmanuel Jalai were the main victims of his vitriol.

Mario is said to have layed into Jalai saying he does not look like a footballer saying he is dwarf, whom he dismissed as a player, even without watching him play ot train.

Maswanhise was said to play like a granny while Arubi was scolded and told he doesn’t behave like a 40-year-old.

Image

Chirewa, as earlier reported, should be on his way back to his UK base after the fallout. He has quit the squad.

ZIFA is reportedly saying he was called back by his club, a move that is impossible considering FIFA statutes.

“It’s a crisis. Players have revolted and are demanding that Mario leaves,” said the source.

“All European based players have indicated that they will not be available for selection ahead of AFCON finals in solidarity with the others.”

ZIFA, on the other hand, is seriously considering firing, paying him up and getting FC Platinum coach Norman Mapeza, Scottland’s Tonderai Ndiraya and Simba Bhora’s Joel Luphahla to take the boys to Morocco.

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

spot_img