iPhone 7 sales may jump by 5-7 million units on account of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 fiasco, estimates KGI. The firm says that Apple will be the direct beneficiary from the failure of Samsung’s latest flagship recall and discontinuation.
Ming-Chi Kuo, well-known mobile analyst from KGI, says the eventual cancellation of Note 7 production gives the customers few options to choose from. While Samsung hopes customers will opt for its other flagships such as the Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge, KGI believes that Apple and Android manufacturer Huawei will be the biggest beneficiaries.
Google’s Pixel phone is also a worthy choice for ex-Note 7 users, is also expected to benefit from the fiasco. However, out of 12 million Note 7 orders that have been recalled, KGI claims Apple will be able to reap about 50% of the customers with the rest being shared amongst other Android manufacturers that includes Samsung’s own models.
According to this estimate , the firm says nearly 5-7 million ex-Note 7 orders are expected to convert into iPhone 7 sales. The sales for iPhone 7 here indicate both for the basic and the Plus model. In fact, users are more likely to opt for the iPhone 7 Plus on account of its dual camera feature.
While it is a difficult assumption to make, KGI says its analysis shows that these Note 7 users, who have already lost faith in Samsung, have little loyalty to a particular manufacturer and will easily be swayed to switch to iOS with many being ex-iPhone users themselves.
VICTORIA FALLS– Mobile operator Telecel Zimbabwe, whose operating licence was cancelled last month over alleged non-compliance with the country’s regulations, should not have been allowed to operate without a licence ...
Econet Wireless Zimbabwe has over the years come to be a key player in Zimbabwe’s national political economy.
Takura ZhangazhaRecently, a local weekly The Zimbabwe Independent published a story on its ...
Share this on WhatsApp The much-anticipated Toya Delazy concert did not live up to expectations. All the drama began when problems arose with the initial venue, Borrowadale Racecourse. The result was the that the show was moved to HICC […]
Share this on WhatsApp Celebrated singer John Legend recently surprised X-Factor contestants ahead of their Saturday night performance with a musical masterclass. While spending time with singing enthusiasts, the 37-year-old musician also shared some pearls […]
Share this on WhatsApp Donald Trump thought he had the upper hand by branding Hillary Clinton a “nasty woman” but Janet Jackson is having the last laugh. The pop icon’s 1986 single Nasty has experienced […]
Share this on WhatsApp Kanye West went on an alleged public rant against Beyonce and Jay Z for not visiting his wife Kim Kardashian personally after the Paris robbery incident. During his 19 October concert […]